Women’s magazines are always telling us not to rely on a man for our happiness but did you see that story in the Sunday Times about how your happiness, or lack of happiness, in a relationship can make a difference to your weight?
That’s no news to girls who chomp chocolate when they’ve been ditched or feel sad ... According the study of 3,000 women, by a weight management firm Slendex.com there are five stages of a woman’s weight life cycle.
It shows that in a relationship stretching over several years, your body weight can swing up or down by about 10kg, which is a couple of sizes. The stages are:
1. Falling in love: she loses 2,4kg when she first falls in love
2. Comfort zone: she gains 4,5kg as the relationship settles into a groove
4. Getting married: she loses 4kg ... also known as “bridorexia”
5. Baby boom: she gains 6kg after falling pregnant and starting a family
6. Reinvention: she loses 5kg in a midlife makeover
It sounds pretty accurate to me.
St Augustine's tour
2 days ago